These days the word ” Traveling ” is felt a bit as forbidden, distant, something that we have stopped dreaming of, due to the economic situation that grips us every day, and the first thing on the list that is crossed out is precisely to travel.
But I assure you that it is possible to travel even without spending a fortune, and above all without getting into debt. I’ll immediately put the list of 5 things to do if you want to save.
- 1: Don’t go to travel agencies (it seems difficult but I can assure you that it is not, booking the trip directly from the official websites of the airlines and booking the hotel through the most famous low cost search engines, such as booking, expedia, airb & b, is much cheaper, certainly there it will take longer, and you will have to monitor often to get the best price, but it will be worth it).
- 2: Travel with the bare essentials (it is not necessary to carry suitcases on suitcases, if not a few days, a backpack or a small trolley will also be fine)
- 3: Avoid lunches and dinners in restaurants every day (when you are around the streets to discover new cities, a sandwich, even homemade after shopping at the local supermarket, are more than enough, you can relax a few evenings in restaurants, to taste the typical dishes of the place, which I love so much. That way your budget won’t be affected).
- 4: Get around by public transport or on foot (avoid taxis, they are not always cheap, walking will allow you to enjoy the city to the fullest, and if you go by bus I recommend day passes or passes for tourists, you will certainly save money).
- 5: Souvenirs away from the center (we all know that souvenirs to take home or to loved ones are never lacking, but in the city center they definitely have a very high price, while if you move from the city center, you can find the same things at a much lower price, and before to buy, check in different stores and then decide which one suits you best).