In this article I will cover all the steps after applying for Student Finance, so what happens after applying for Student Finance?

Student Finance England (SFE) will evaluate your application. If they need further proof from you, they should contact you to ask.

Provide any required proof as soon as possible and send all documents via special delivery mail to avoid delays and the risk of any original documents being lost.

If you do not hear SFE within a few weeks of applying, call them on 0300 100 0607 to check the progress of your application and to ask if you need to provide further evidence.

How do I know if I am eligible for Student Finance?

SFE decides you are eligible for Student Finance, will send you a Student Funding Entitlement Letter stating the amount of your college tuition loan and living cost money you have been awarded

. Keep this letter safe. If you are going to get a college tuition loan, you must show this letter when you come to enroll.

The full breakdown of your entitlement and payment amounts will not be listed in your entitlement letter, it will only indicate the total amount of money you are entitled to – you can see the full breakdown in your SFE account online.

When will I get my Student Finance?

SFE cannot pay you any money until you have signed up. Once you have enrolled, the University will let SFE know that you are present and the first installment of your maintenance loan will be paid into your bank account in 2 – 3 working days.

Your college tuition loan will automatically be paid in three installments during the academic year.

Please note: If you have applied online, your student funding entitlement letter will include a declaration form which you must sign and return to SFE before you can receive any money.

It is a good idea to use registered or special delivery mail to avoid any risk of delay in getting your money. You can also track the delivery.

What happens if my Student Finance is overdue?

In case your Student Loan application is late and you do not receive any money by the start of the academic year, you can apply for a discretionary short-term interest-free loan for living costs, once you are fully enrolled, from Scholarships, Grants and Scholarships Office.

Contact the Student Inquiry Center, Ground Floor, Queens’ Building or email Learn more about what to do if your Student Finance is delayed on the Student Finance Delayed webpage .

SFE told me I am not eligible for Student Finance

SFE may tell you that you are not eligible for student finance, in that case contact a social counselor in the counseling and counseling service, as eligibility for student finance can be tricky. You may also find it helpful to read the next section of this advice guide ” Government Student Funding Eligibility Rules” which explains the main eligibility criteria.

If you have been refused student funding for eligibility reasons, the welfare consultant will need to see a copy of all letters you have received from SFE so they can check if SFE’s decision on your eligibility seems correct.

If not, the wellness counselor can advise you to appeal against it and can usually write you a letter to send with your appeal.

If you have not received a written decision, it is helpful to contact SFE on 0300 100 0607 to request one so that we can appeal the decision if necessary.

These articles may be helpful to you